Monday, July 02, 2012

Potty Training

Have tried to potty train Nicole since she's 1 year old. In fact, baby sitter already started the training few months back, requested her to sit on her potty to poo and pee whenever possible, although she still wears her diapers all the time. I would say she's doing great for her age. Initially when I let her sit on the potty, nothing happened. Nicole just looked at me interestingly, like wondering what mommy is playing with her. Soon, she starts to poo on her potty when I rush to put her on when she shows the i-want-to-poo-soon expression. 

At 13 months old, Nicole can now point to the toilet and say something sounds like 'ng ng', when she wants to poo, and pee sometimes. It happened few times already when she pointed to the toilet and then pee on the potty early in the morning after she woke up. I consider this a big milestone Nicole achieves :) Good job my girl. In baby sitter's place, baby sitter put the potty in living room. Nicole will take the potty to her when she wants to poo.

Anyway, she's being playful all the time. I think almost 50% of time when she pointed to the toilet wanting me to put her on her potty, she's just playing fun with me, not really want to poo or pee. Maybe just to get my attention, especially when I ignore her and do my own stuff/lie on bed to rest or sleep. When I took off her pants, she'll just walk away, or walk backwards, smile cheekily showing the 'Gotcha, mum I fool you again' look :|

She's still too young to feel the needs to pee, except the morning first pee. Sometimes I'll take off her diapers and just let her wear panties / pants, so that she can understand what the feeling is like when she wants to pee and maybe learn to control her urine. However, there is no success story yet. Most of time she will pee on her pants. For the first few times she was surprise and even played with her urine :S 

Potty training, a long time battle between Nicole and mama. 


Nicole's first time on potty, when she was 7 month old

No comments: