Monday, June 08, 2009

Sweet Cake Birthday

2009 May 04, my first birthday after marriage, and it’s a birthday with lots of sweet cake treat from my friends and beloved darling :)

***

A day before my birthday, Vic treated me an early celebration to The Ship for a steak dinner. It’s my first time there, and I enjoyed the food very much, it indeed has the best steak in town.
















I ordered the steak set which come with mushroom soup, prawn salad and dessert. I also got a free gift ~~ a cup coaster set.

The prawn salad was good, I like the fresh prawn which cooked just right and served well with thousand Island sauce and veges. The mushroom soup is ok, tasted normal like can soup.
















Here comes the steak, I liked it to be mediumly cooked, It was very juicy and tender, just love it!! Vic ordered the rib eye steak which comes with garden salad, and he was very happy with his medium-rare steak too :)


































Finally the dessert, kind of disappointing, it’s just a small cheese tart with cream.

















After dinner, I thought we were heading home, but Vic gave me little surprise by driving me to Secret Recipe for my favourite cake :) I was so happy with my Caramel Cheese Cake. And yes, this is my first birthday cake this year :)





















***

On my birthday, SF, LP, FS, LE and YY treated me birthday dinner in Canton-i in QB. It wasn’t our first venue; we planned to go Macedoine Dining (also in QB) at first, but didn’t realize that it closed down already. I always wanted to try out this restaurant but didn’t get a chance :(

Canton-i is one of my favourite in QB, but it’s a bit more expensive for me, so we won’t go there too often :P I like the congee and bbq pork (烧腊) there. We ordered some dim-sum and dessert to share out, other then our own main course. Too bad no one brings camera so I don’t have picture to share here. And since it’s birthday celebration for me, for sure there will be cake!! This time, my friends bought me a piece of Yogurt Cheese Cake from Secret Recipe. (Again, yes, I requeste for it, coz I just love their cheese cake :P ) This time it’s "special" because the cake has already melted with some weird shape. Nevertheless, it still tasted superb J Thanks my friends for celebrating with me :)

***

A day after my birthday, CP and SS treated Vic, me, CH and his wife for a dinner in Bella Italia at Bellisa Row, as appreciation for going to their ROM. This is also my first time there. According to CP and SS, Bella Italia is the best Italian restaurant in town. We’ve ordered 3 pizzas and a spegatti to share among ourselves. The pizza was good, tasted different compared to Pizza Hut or Domino. The crust was thin and crunchy, yummy!! And since it was my birthday a day ago, CP also ordered their famous Tiramisu for us, each couple shared one. It was indeed a very tasty Tiramisu with soft texture that melted instantly in my mouth, nice!!






















***

2 days after my birthday, my teammates celebrated my birthday with me in Tsuruya Restaurant in I-avenue. This is one of my favourite Japanese restaurants, and we always go there for special occasion (farewell, birthday etc). After lunch, they had a surprise cake cutting celebration with me in cafe. This is my 4th cake this year. Thanks my friend :)
















***

This is how I celebrated my birthday this year, with lots of friendships, love, food and cakes.

2 comments:

零蛋 said...

哇~~那块肉形石太经典了~~好像哦!!!看到它, 突然觉得饿了。。

minsi said...

hehe.. yes, it's just too real :D